We are a cross-school student organization that brings together students passionate about operations research (OR) and analytical thinking. We have members across a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs at CMU, including engineering, business, operations research, mathematics, and statistics. Our chapter has been recognized by INFORMS through their Student Chapter Annual Awards.
CMU INFORMS broadly aims to:
- Promote an integrated culture among CMU’s quantitative constituencies;
- Proliferate information related to Operations Research, Analytics, and Management Sciences;
- Prepare students for careers in academia, research or business in a culture that is increasingly reliant on large volumes of data and analysis;
- Provide mentoring for students with interests in OR/MS (academic, research or business); and
- Secure CMU’s place among the elite Operations Research universities.
Please feel free to refer to our chapter’s bylaws.