We are a cross-school student organization that brings together students passionate about operations research (OR) and analytical thinking. We have members across a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs at CMU, including engineering, business, operations research, mathematics, and statistics.
CMU INFORMS broadly aims to:
- Promote an integrated culture among CMU’s quantitative constituencies;
- Proliferate information related to Operations Research, Analytics, and Management Sciences;
- Prepare students for careers in academia, research or business in a culture that is increasingly reliant on large volumes of data and analysis;
- Provide mentoring for students with interests in OR/MS (academic, research or business); and
- Secure CMU’s place among the elite Operations Research universities.
Please feel free to refer to our chapter’s bylaws.